Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2020 6:58 pm  #1

OHotMU A-Z Vol. 7 Premiere Hardcover

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Dec 17, 2008, 11:49 pm

Coming from Marvel in March...

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z VOL. 7 PREMIERE HC
Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, SEAN MCQUAID, MICHAEL HOSKIN, STUART VANDAL, RONALD BYRD, DAVID WILTFONG, MADISON CARTER, MIKE FICHERA, CHAD ANDERSON, CHRIS BIGGS, ERIC J. MOREELS, MARK O'ENGLISH, AL SJOERDSMA, JACOB ROUGEMONT, GABRIEL SHECHTER, ANTHONY FLAMINI, JEPH YORK, MICHEL GARIEPY, RICH GREEN, PETER SANDERSON & MARKUS ETTLINGER
Penciled by VARIOUS
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT

Marvelous mutants (Maggott, Magik, Magma, Magneto, Marauders, Marrow, Marvel Girl, Mastermind, Maverick, Meggan, Mercury, Layla Miller, Mimic, Mr. Sinister, Moonstar, Morlocks, Morph, Multiple Man, MLF, Mystique)! Mighty Avengers (Mantis, Masters of Evil, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Moondragon, Namor)! Fantastic friends and foes (Alicia Masters, Medusa, Mr. Fantastic, Mole Man, Molecule Man)! Spider-foes (Molten Man, Mysterio)! History's greatest fiends (Maestro, Mandarin, Master Khan, Mephisto, MODOK, Morgan Le Fay)! Monsters (Man-Thing, Morbius)! The world of MC2! Heroes old (Miss America) and young (Victor Mancha)! Mille the Model? It can only be the latest volume of the most comprehensive Handbook of the Marvel Universe ever assembled!

240 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99

Sidney Osinga

Dec 18, 2008, 12:25 am

Since namor is being covered, I wonder if we'll see any more N's, such as both Namora's and Namorita.

Also, here's a list of the half page M entries:
Mad Pharaoh
Madame Macabre
Madame X (formerly Comrade X)
Magician
Mammomax
Manphibian
Manticore
Marvel Boy (Burns)
Marvel Boy (Oksner)
Master Hate
Mastermind (Martinique)
Mechano
Mekano
M'Gumbu
Microbe
Mr. Rasputin
Mr. Zodiac
Modulus
Mogol
Monstro
Morwen
el Muerto
Mysterio (Klum)

That's 23. Will we see a new entry, or will one of the characters be "promoted" to a full page?

Madison Carter

Dec 18, 2008, 05:44 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Since namor is being covered, I wonder if we'll see any more N's, such as both Namora's and Namorita.

Actually, Namor will have to wait until #8. Our expansions caused some last-minute shuffling, pushing him and all the N's back to the next book

DrGoodwrench

Dec 18, 2008, 09:38 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

That's 23. Will we see a new entry, or will one of the characters be "promoted" to a full page?

There might be at least one half-pager in the Brand New Day yearbook and the Dark Reign files, I'm guessing.

bigvis497

Dec 18, 2008, 12:17 pm

This was brought up in the other thread before it switched to this...

Any reason why Mr. Fantastic isn't featured on the cover? Mr. Sinister is, so alphabetically he should be as well. Whatever the reason is I feel he's WAY to important to exclude from the cover. Somebody brought up that that's Mikaboshi behind Sinister? Umm, huh? And is that Spider-Man lookin' thing from Marvel Zombies? I'm sure the handbook will be great as usual and I've liked all of Grummett's covers so far but the character selection this time around is baffling.

William Keogh

Dec 18, 2008, 12:19 pm

I haven't the slightest idea who Mikaboshi is....

slevin87

Dec 18, 2008, 12:30 pm

William Keogh wrote:

Here you go. (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/mikaboshi.htm)

bigvis497

Dec 18, 2008, 12:33 pm

William Keogh wrote:

From the Amatsu-Kami. I'm not so sure though, I really have no idea who that could be. Has Morgan Le Fay changed her loook recently? Or could it be Morwen? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Stating the obvious, here's who I could make out:
Medusa
Marvel Zombies (Spider-Man)
Meggan
Mephisto
Moonstone (Sofen)
Marvel Boy (Noh-Var)
Marvel Boy (Grayson)
Mandarin
Magik (Rasputin)
Magneto
Ms. Marvel (Danvers)
Moon Knight
Man-Thing
Mr. Sinister

Eduardo M.
Dec 18, 2008, 11:25 pm

I was thinking Margali of the Winding Way

ultrabasurero

Dec 19, 2008, 01:17 am

bigvis497 wrote:

From the Amatsu-Kami. I'm not so sure though, I really have no idea who that could be. Has Morgan Le Fay changed her loook recently? Or could it be Morwen? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Stating the obvious, here's who I could make out:
Medusa
Marvel Zombies (Spider-Man)
Meggan
Mephisto
Moonstone (Sofen)
Marvel Boy (Noh-Var)
Marvel Boy (Grayson)
Mandarin
Magik (Rasputin)
Magneto
Ms. Marvel (Danvers)
Moon Knight
Man-Thing
Mr. Sinister

Yes, it is Mikaboshi from the Amatsu-Kami. I don't know why he's on the cover, and Mr. Fantastic isn't. The last thing Mikaboshi was in was probably the Secret Invasion arc of Incredible Hercules.

bigvis497

Dec 19, 2008, 10:37 am

Mikaboshi never even had an entry, didn't Mikaboshi receive enough coverage in the Amatsu-Kami entry? I really don't think he/she's done enought to warrant a brand new seperate entry, let alone a cover shot.

William Keogh

Dec 19, 2008, 11:22 am

Seems I'll have to reread those Hercules issues. Mika failed to make an impression.

When I get to parodying that cover, I'll have to go out of my way with how this Mikaboshi dude has no business being on a cover with the rest of them.

Captain Speedbump

Dec 20, 2008, 06:41 pm

Is there a reason why it's been pushed back a month? Will future volumes come out every two or three months?

Capt. Speedbump

Madison Carter

Dec 20, 2008, 07:21 pm

Captain Speedbump wrote:

Is there a reason why it's been pushed back a month? Will future volumes come out every two or three months?

Capt. Speedbump

Several other projects, including the Indexes and other handbooks are what happened. When we first started this, we planned on them being monthly, but were quickly made aware that this wasn't going to be as simple as just reprinting everything, so it went bi-monthly. That went well so long as there weren't many other projects for us, but now that a whole slew of them have been handed to us, things have had to be reworked again slightly.

We don't *plan* on any further changes in the schedule, but can't promise anything.

Sidney Osinga

Dec 21, 2008, 12:39 am

Madison Carter wrote:

Actually, Namor will have to wait until #8. Our expansions caused some last-minute shuffling, pushing him and all the N's back to the next book

Do you mean that just the N's have been moved, or are some of the M's going to be too?

Madison Carter

Dec 21, 2008, 12:56 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Do you mean that just the N's have been moved, or are some of the M's going to be too?

At least a couple of them, yes.

Eduardo M.
Dec 21, 2008, 04:07 pm

Madison Carter wrote:

hmmmmmmm.............

Maybe we'll a repeat of what happened to the G's where 2-3 of them plus the half-pagers will be in Vol.8

skippcomet

Dec 22, 2008, 03:26 pm

Madison Carter wrote:

Several other projects, including the Indexes and other handbooks are what happened. When we first started this, we planned on them being monthly, but were quickly made aware that this wasn't going to be as simple as just reprinting everything, so it went bi-monthly. That went well so long as there weren't many other projects for us, but now that a whole slew of them have been handed to us, things have had to be reworked again slightly.

We don't *plan* on any further changes in the schedule, but can't promise anything.

Since I'm not counting the Marvel Index, I'm curious as to what these "other handbooks" will be. Especially since the only one I can think of coming out in-between Volumes 6 & 7 of the hardcovers is the Dark Reign Files, and history suggests it'll be more in the vein of the two Civil War related "files" books.

And since you've opened the can of worms here, I'll bite: will these "other handbooks" be actual handbooks? Will they be themed books, or specific event/storyline related? Will they focus on new and/or recently used characters, or is there hope for some older, yet-to-receive-a-handbook-entry characters? Or *fingers crossed* some more supporting characters like we saw in the Iron Manual?

Sidney Osinga

Dec 22, 2008, 06:28 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Since I'm not counting the Marvel Index, I'm curious as to what these "other handbooks" will be. Especially since the only one I can think of coming out in-between Volumes 6 & 7 of the hardcovers is the Dark Reign Files, and history suggests it'll be more in the vein of the two Civil War related "files" books.

And since you've opened the can of worms here, I'll bite: will these "other handbooks" be actual handbooks? Will they be themed books, or specific event/storyline related? Will they focus on new and/or recently used characters, or is there hope for some older, yet-to-receive-a-handbook-entry characters? Or *fingers crossed* some more supporting characters like we saw in the Iron Manual?

I'm guessing that one of the other handbooks is the Dark Tower: Guide to Gilead, as it is probably going to be done by at least some of the Handbook staff.

Madison Carter

Dec 22, 2008, 06:37 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Not at liberty to say on specific things until things are actually announced, but you can definitely look forward to more indexes, Files books and original Handbook one-shots over the course of 2009.

Sidney Osinga

Jan 5, 2009, 01:12 am

skippcomet wrote:

Of course, since there's going to be at least 10 pages of 1/2 page entries, it's debatable whether any of the full entries will be moved. Guess we'll find out in March.

Also, I think it would be safe to assume that Mastermind (Martinique) will be getting a full page entry. Her original 1/2 page entry was pretty long and she's recently appeared in X-Men since then.

Sidney Osinga

Jan 11, 2009, 07:54 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Also, here's a list of the half page M entries:
Mad Pharaoh
Madame Macabre
Madame X (formerly Comrade X)
Magician
Mammomax
Manphibian
Manticore
Marvel Boy (Burns)
Marvel Boy (Oksner)
Master Hate
Mastermind (Martinique)
Mechano
Mekano
M'Gumbu
Microbe
Mr. Rasputin
Mr. Zodiac
Modulus
Mogol
Monstro
Morwen
el Muerto
Mysterio (Klum)

I've been thinking about it, and I figure that the characters most likely to be promoted to a full page entry are Mastermind (Martinique), due to her many appearances including the recent one in X-Men, and Mr. Zodiac, to showcase all his different forms. But we'll have to wait until March (:~( :aaargh: ) to find out whether or not I'm right.

Eduardo M.

Jan 11, 2009, 11:59 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I've been thinking about it, and I figure that the characters most likely to be promoted to a full page entry are Mastermind (Martinique), due to her many appearances including the recent one in X-Men, and Mr. Zodiac, to showcase all his different forms. But we'll have to wait until March (:~( :aaargh: ) to find out whether or not I'm right.

That still leaves us with 21. Guess someone from the various Files books will be getting a half-pager.

bigvis497

Jan 12, 2009, 10:11 am

I could see the Masque bio-duplicate getting an entry, they took her picture out of the Madame Masque entry in volume 6, I could see the entry being split as they are two distinct characters.

Sidney Osinga

Jan 12, 2009, 05:39 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

That still leaves us with 21. Guess someone from the various Files books will be getting a half-pager.

I'm on record of saying that I'd like to see more entries for Golden Age characters, and the appendix in the Golden Age did list a lot of them whose name started with a M. However, bigvis497 does have a point about Masque getting her own entry. I did notice that the picture of her was removed, but didn't think that she'd be getting her own entry until he brought it up.

Michael Hoskin

Jan 13, 2009, 12:41 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I'm on record of saying that I'd like to see more entries for Golden Age characters, and the appendix in the Golden Age did list a lot of them whose name started with a M.

Golden Age, hmm...?

(how many months can I get out of this?)

ultrabasurero

Jan 21, 2009, 09:35 pm

As per the events of Dark Avengers #1,

[Spoiler]

Will the HC's reflect the new changes such as Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, Venom (Gargan) as Spider-Man, Bullseye as Hawkeye, Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot, etc.?

[End]

Or will they be under their previous names?

Rob London

Jan 21, 2009, 10:35 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

As per the events of Dark Avengers #1,

[Spoiler]

Will the HC's reflect the new changes such as Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, Venom (Gargan) as Spider-Man, Bullseye as Hawkeye, Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot, etc.?

[End]

Or will they be under their previous names?

Well, Bullseye already had his profile in HC2, and we're also past I, so Osborn won't be listed as the Iron Patriot. Time will tell, as far as Moonstone and Venom go...

Captain Speedbump

Feb 14, 2009, 11:53 pm

Will Menace from the 2008 Spider-Man Yearbook be listed? If so, will the profile be updated with new info, including Menace's identity?

Captain Speedbump

Sidney Osinga

Feb 21, 2009, 01:24 am

So #8 will be covering from Multiple Man up. That means something, or things, caused a lot of thins to be bumped. I wonder what?

Eduardo M.

Feb 21, 2009, 10:44 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

So #8 will be covering from Multiple Man up. That means something, or things, caused a lot of thins to be bumped. I wonder what?

Not to mention that we don't even know for sure if Multiple Man starts #8 or if there are any entries before him.

Sidney Osinga

Feb 26, 2009, 06:48 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Not to mention that we don't even know for sure if Multiple Man starts #8 or if there are any entries before him.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the entry before Multiple Man is Ms. Marvel, and if she was in #8, then she probably would be on the cover instead of, say, Onslaught or Patriot.

Eduardo M.

Feb 26, 2009, 10:16 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that the entry before Multiple Man is Ms. Marvel, and if she was in #8, then she probably would be on the cover instead of, say, Onslaught or Patriot.

But let's not forget that Mister Fantastic is not on the cover to Vol.7. Unless there was a last minute change and the cover we see in the solict has been modified to add Reed Richards and take out say Mikaboshi.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 26, 2009, 10:35 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

And this being Multiple Man I suppose we can't entirely rule out him being in both volumes.

Eduardo M.

Feb 27, 2009, 05:57 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

And this being Multiple Man I suppose we can't entirely rule out him being in both volumes.

that is either the world's lamest joke at Jaime Madrox's expense or a giant hint.

hhhmmmmmmmmmm........................

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 27, 2009, 11:32 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

that is either the world's lamest joke at Jaime Madrox's expense or a giant hint.

hhhmmmmmmmmmm........................

The former. While I wouldn't turn down an offer to work for the Handbooks I'm not as yet one of the Handbook writers and only know the contents of each issue when I visit my local comic shop.

ToddCam

Mar 4, 2009, 12:06 pm

Is this coming out today?

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 4, 2009, 12:21 pm

ToddCam wrote:

Is this coming out today?

Marvel's website claims March 25.

Rivka

Mar 18, 2009, 07:08 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Marvel's website claims March 25.

I wanted to ask about this, also. It's not on the Diamond list of titles shipping for the 25th, unless that list is only for comics and soft-cover tpbs and not hardcover collections.

Is volume 7 still coming out next week?

And were you-all able to add the updates to Magneto's biography from MAGNETO TESTAMENT? A lot of latest-developments for characters like Multiple Man and Layla Miller and Mr. (Miss?) Sinister. Also the return of Magik!

Some of my favorite characters. I 'm looking forward to volume 7!

Stuart V

Mar 18, 2009, 07:32 pm

Rivka wrote:

I wanted to ask about this, also. It's not on the Diamond list of titles shipping for the 25th, unless that list is only for comics and soft-cover tpbs and not hardcover collections.

Is volume 7 still coming out next week?

And were you-all able to add the updates to Magneto's biography from MAGNETO TESTAMENT? A lot of latest-developments for characters like Multiple Man and Layla Miller and Mr. (Miss?) Sinister. Also the return of Magik!

Some of my favorite characters. I 'm looking forward to volume 7!

All those entries are fairly up to date.

Sidney Osinga

Mar 18, 2009, 09:30 pm

Rivka wrote:

A lot of latest-developments for characters like Multiple Man

Actually, he'll be covered in volume 8, according to the solict of it in Previews.

Madison Carter

Mar 19, 2009, 03:29 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Actually, he'll be covered in volume 8, according to the solict of it in Previews.

And thus, he'll be even *more* up-to-date, so everybody wins!

shazam2271

Mar 25, 2009, 01:57 pm

Since this edition was suppose to be out today, can anyone provide it's contents? Looking forward to getting it.

Thanks,
Jon

bigvis497

Mar 25, 2009, 03:05 pm

shazam2271 wrote:

Since this edition was suppose to be out today, can anyone provide it's contents? Looking forward to getting it.

Thanks,
Jon

I got it however I'm at work right now so I can't give you the whole list. It covers from Maestro to Ms. Marvel, no half pagers. Lots of M's. There's a few appendix pages at the end, this time it's Ian McNee's notes on magic. The notes were done in a more Files-style then handbook-style, the pages were made to look like they were printed on parchment.

Mikaboshi is a new entry, and for some reason is on the cover as opposed to Mr. Fantastic, was a little puzzled on that one. Magneto got a nice 4 page entry, Mandarin got expanded as well I believe. Moonstone was entered as Moonstone as opposed to Ms. Marvel, and got some pretty extensive coverage, tons of images. I'll put the whole list up when I get the chance unless someone beats me to it.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 25, 2009, 03:40 pm

For some reason it didn't come out at my usual shop. I'll check around the other shops and hope I find it *some*where.

Michael Regan

Mar 25, 2009, 03:45 pm

It is unfortunte, but it appears that many shops are not getting these in. When I have asked about them, the answer I have received mostly is "well, they are only reprints after all."

This is obviously a problem twice over: Firstly, they are not really reprints as the information is updated (isn't it?). Secondly, if a shop is set against ordering them since they are "reprints" then why have dozens of trades for sale?

Sean McQuaid

Mar 25, 2009, 03:48 pm

shazam2271 wrote:

Since this edition was suppose to be out today, can anyone provide it's contents?

Subjects profiled in this volume include Maestro, Magdalene, Maggott, Magik (Rasputin), Magik (Rasputin, Earth-4210), Magma (Darque), Magma (Aquilla), Magneto (Eisenhardt), Moses Magnum, Magnus (Earth-27), Magus (Adam Warlock counterpart), Mahkizmo, Major Mapleleaf (Sadler Jr.), Makkari, Malice (Nakia), Man-Ape, Man-Beast, Man-Bull, Man-Killer (Van Horn), Man-Thing (Sallis), Victor Mancha, Mandarin, Mandarin (Temujin), Mandrill, Mangaverse, Mantis, Marauders (Mr. Sinister’s), Eddie March, Marduk (Mesopotamian god), Margali of the Winding Way, Maria Stark Foundation, Man-Mountain Marko, Marrow, Martian Masters, Marvel Boy (Grayson), Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr), Marvel Girl (Summers), Marvel Knights, Marvel Zombies, Masked Marauder, Louise Mason, Masque (Morlock), Master of the World, Master Khan, Master Man (Lohmer), Mastermind (computer), Mastermind (Martinique Wyngarde), Masters of Evil, Alicia Masters, Matador (Eloganto), Mauvais, Maverick (Nord), Maverick (Bradley), Maxam, MC2, Ian McNee, Mechamage, Medusa (Boltagon), Meggan, Mentallo (Flumm), Mephista, Mephisto (Hell-lord), Mercury (Kincaid), Mercy (Wright), Merlin Demonspawn, Merlyn, Irene Merryweather, Metal Master, Lynn Michaels, Microchip, Micromax, Microverse, Mordecai Midas, Midnight (Wilde), Midnight Sons, Midnight Sun, Mikaboshi, Layla Miller, Millie the Model, Mimic, Mimic (Earth-12), Mindless Ones, Mindworm, Nico Minoru, Miss America (Frank), Missing Link (“Lincoln”), Mister Fantastic, Mister Fear (Cranston), Mister Fear (Fagan), Mister Hyde, Mister Kline, Mister Sensitive, Mister Sinister, Mister X (Bloodsport competitor), Mistress Love, M’kraan Crystal, Mockingbird, M.O.D.O.K., Modred the Mystic, Mogul of the Mystic Mountain, Mojo, Mole Man, Molecule Man, Molten Man, Mondo, Moon Knight (Spector), Moondark, Moondragon, Moonstar, Moonstone (Sofen), Morbius, Astrid Mordo, Mordred the Evil, Morg, Morgan, Morgan Le Fay, Morlocks, Morlun, Morph (Earth-1081), Motormouth, Alyssa Moy-Castle and Ms. Marvel (Danvers).

-Sean

Sean McQuaid

Mar 25, 2009, 03:55 pm

Michael Regan wrote:

It is unfortunte, but it appears that many shops are not getting these in. When I have asked about them, the answer I have received mostly is "well, they are only reprints after all." ...they are not really reprints as the information is updated (isn't it?).

Yes, the information is updated, with very few profiles completely unchanged. Almost everything gets at least a few small alterations/additions, and some profiles get large amounts of brand-new text and/or lots of additional images. We even slip in some original artwork now and then.

The hardcovers have been publishing for over a year now, but unfortunately, there's still a lot of people who don't really understand the nature of the project. Because a lot of the text and images come from previously-published Handbooks, some people just assume the whole thing's a straight reprint, but that's just not so -- a lot of the material in these books is brand new.

-Sean

Rayeye

Mar 25, 2009, 05:33 pm

Sean McQuaid wrote:

Subjects profiled in this volume include Maestro, Magdalene, Maggott, Magik (Rasputin), Magik (Rasputin, Earth-4210), Magma (Darque), Magma (Aquilla), ... -Sean

No Magik (Amanda Sefton) in this handbook? I guess she will be listed under her Amanda Sefton name (or even Jimaine Szardos) then.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 25, 2009, 05:46 pm

Michael Regan wrote:

It is unfortunte, but it appears that many shops are not getting these in. When I have asked about them, the answer I have received mostly is "well, they are only reprints after all."

This is obviously a problem twice over: Firstly, they are not really reprints as the information is updated (isn't it?). Secondly, if a shop is set against ordering them since they are "reprints" then why have dozens of trades for sale?

Complicating matters further is that I have a standing order at the shop I normally deal with, so they're also puzzled why it didn't arrive. Another store that I can normally use as a backup when this sort of thing happens also didn't get any in. So the impression I get is it was ordered but no copies were shipped to Victoria. A third store is more what you describe; it didn't order it due to a lack of anticipated sales, but my regular shop and probably the other shop would have ordered it.

I did notice years before that Diamond sometimes simply won't ship low-selling stuff even if a dealer ordered it sometimes. My regular comic shop *never* got in the non-Handbook series called Marvel Universe (the one written by Roger Stern) even though I put it on my pull list after the first issue.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 25, 2009, 05:51 pm

Sean McQuaid wrote:

Yes, the information is updated, with very few profiles completely unchanged. Almost everything gets at least a few small alterations/additions, and some profiles get large amounts of brand-new text and/or lots of additional images. We even slip in some original artwork now and then.

The hardcovers have been publishing for over a year now, but unfortunately, there's still a lot of people who don't really understand the nature of the project. Because a lot of the text and images come from previously-published Handbooks, some people just assume the whole thing's a straight reprint, but that's just not so -- a lot of the material in these books is brand new.

-Sean

True enough. It wouldn't take me hours to list off the changes each time a new hardcover comes out if the differences were just cosmetic. And some entries that changes are quite dramatic (e.g. Corps). I think maybe the solicitations probably need to emphasize the update aspects more; unfortunately that's one area I understand the Handbook writers have no control over.

It particularly sucks that it happened this week given that it's been 1/4 year between issues. Grr.

Sidney Osinga

Mar 25, 2009, 10:48 pm

I got mine, so I guess I'm lucky.

Anyways, I think Maverick (Bradley) should have been listed under Bolt, since that's the name he made most of his appearances under. Also, while the magic appendix pages are interesting, I'm still waiting for the Golden Age characters and prisons appendixes.

Rayeye

Mar 26, 2009, 11:31 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Anyways, I think Maverick (Bradley) should have been listed under Bolt, since that's the name he made most of his appearances under.

As far as I know characters will be listed under the name they currently use or have been used most recently. So for Bradley that is his Maverick code name.

skippcomet

Mar 26, 2009, 01:07 pm

I have a question. Last year, when new handbook entries started being published in projects like the All-New Iron Manual, we'd see those entries start to be incorporated into the hardcovers such as Dum-Dum Dugan, the Hogans, and Eddie March in this month's volume, as long as at least one month or volume had transpired since the entry was originally published. So I was a little surprised to realize that it's been three months since the Brand New Day Yearbook was published, and yet neither Menace nor Mister Negative were included in this volume. It's understandable why the Majesdanians' entry from the Secret Invasion: Young Avengers/Runaways TPB wasn't included since that was published only last month, but I wonder how long a wait new entries would have to go through before they start being incorporated into the hardcovers if their respective first letters haven't been covered yet, or if the policy has changed so that all new entries are being saved for the final volume regardless.

Stuart V

Mar 26, 2009, 08:19 pm

skippcomet wrote:

I have a question. Last year, when new handbook entries started being published in projects like the All-New Iron Manual, we'd see those entries start to be incorporated into the hardcovers such as Dum-Dum Dugan, the Hogans, and Eddie March in this month's volume, as long as at least one month or volume had transpired since the entry was originally published. So I was a little surprised to realize that it's been three months since the Brand New Day Yearbook was published, and yet neither Menace nor Mister Negative were included in this volume. It's understandable why the Majesdanians' entry from the Secret Invasion: Young Avengers/Runaways TPB wasn't included since that was published only last month, but I wonder how long a wait new entries would have to go through before they start being incorporated into the hardcovers if their respective first letters haven't been covered yet, or if the policy has changed so that all new entries are being saved for the final volume regardless.

It's not a set time period - it is down to when the map for a given book is sent to be laid out. After that, rearranging entries to fit in new profiles becomes very difficult. So no, new entries aren't being held back to the last book as policy.

Phoenixx9

Mar 27, 2009, 04:04 pm

Usually, I can't wait for my OHOTMU a to z HC books to arrive! :excited: I rip open the box and start reading! I read, read, read. Absorb the info, absorb the info, absorb the info. Re-read to absorb ANY and ALL detail missed (plus it is a way to "stall" time until the next issue is out). I just can't wait until the next issue is there!

:# However, I still have NOT received my#7 :# I order in advance and usually receive it before friends can buy it in stores! I now hear I won't receive it 'till almost April 30th!! :stars: Something terribly wrong MUST have happened. I also hear that vol #8, which I am REALLY waiting for has been delayed, first it was to May 29th, and now maybe as late as July 02!!! :scared: Of all the books to have this happen to, this is NOT the one!

: Paranoid: Do we know what happened? Is it corrected?? :cross:
Does anyone else have dates of release for Vol 7 and 8? Those who have Vol 7, when did you get it?

Thanks

slevin87

Mar 27, 2009, 05:56 pm

So, I'm reading through it, and I have to say I am yet again impressed. It's great to see many of the 2004-2005 characters getting expansions (love that Mephisto got six pages instead of the original two, though I kinda expected it based on what I'd heard about the entry in One More Day). I see that I was correct about the various Misters Fear getting their own entries (I assume that Drago will have a half-pager in volume 8). I admit, however, that I'm as puzzled as a lot of people seem to be as to why Mr. Fantastic isn't on the cover. Also, how come Carol Danvers is listed as Ms. Marvel, while Madeline Joyce is listed as Miss America? Anyway, I know you'll keep up the phenomenal work, and am looking forward to not only the final 5 hardcovers, but also the Wolverine and Marvel Pets handbooks, and hopefully many more during and after that time!

Stuart V

Mar 27, 2009, 06:15 pm

slevin87 wrote:

Also, how come Carol Danvers is listed as Ms. Marvel, while Madeline Joyce is listed as Miss America?

Umm. Because that's their codenames? Ms and Miss aren't the same and thus interchangeable - they are related but different terms. Ms is not an abbreviation of Miss.

slevin87

Mar 27, 2009, 06:23 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Umm. Because that's their codenames? Ms and Miss aren't the same and thus interchangeable - they are related but different terms. Ms is not an abbreviation of Miss.

My bad, I didn't really know that until just now when I went to Wikipedia.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 28, 2009, 01:29 am

Michael Regan wrote:

Firstly, they are not really reprints as the information is updated (isn't it?).

I just picked up the new Overstreet price guide and despite only having one line of text per hardcover volume (three at time this guide was being prepared) they actually do a good job of describing the Hardcovers: "edited & updated pages for characters [letter range]". The question of course is whether dealers are likely to read this. But it's interesting that this short amount of text pretty much nails the spirit of the hardcovers better than the longer official solicits.

Sidney Osinga

Mar 29, 2009, 12:46 am

I'm part way through it, but I noticed two things wrong.

1. The Man Thing made a appearance in Marvel Zombies vol.3 #1, but it wasn't mentioned in the profile.

2. Maker's entry wasn't included. Was this because the character is only a combination of the Beyonder and the Cosmic Cube and not an separate character and her information was already their entries?

3. Why isn't Rachel Summers/Phoenix being given her own separate entry from Marvel Girl?

Madison Carter

Mar 29, 2009, 01:53 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I'm part way through it, but I noticed two things wrong.

1. The Man Thing made a appearance in Marvel Zombies vol.3 #1, but it wasn't mentioned in the profile.

2. Maker's entry wasn't included. Was this because the character is only a combination of the Beyonder and the Cosmic Cube and not an separate character and her information was already their entries?

3. Why isn't Rachel Summers/Phoenix being given her own separate entry from Marvel Girl?

1. Because he didn't actually do anything. Man-Thing has a history of showing up in books and just standing around. There's no point in taking up room pointing all those out, we only have so much space. Any further involvement he may have with the series won't be until, obviously, after our book is out.

2. Maker IS Beyonder. It wasn't a combination of Beyonder and a Cosmic Cube. It was originally Beyonder combined with Molecule Man, but Molecule Man was pulled out of its form intact, leaving only the Beyonder and the power that the Molecule Man had "stolen" from the Beyonder. Since Thanos made it very clear in his own series and in Annihilation that if the Maker physical form was destroyed the true Beyonder would return, and that indeed happened, that means its out there as the Beyonder again.

3. Rachel is Marvel Girl/Phoenix, just different aliases. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, there's no difference - they're all the same characer.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 1, 2009, 01:12 am

Madison Carter wrote:

1. Because he didn't actually do anything. Man-Thing has a history of showing up in books and just standing around. There's no point in taking up room pointing all those out, we only have so much space. Any further involvement he may have with the series won't be until, obviously, after our book is out.

2. Maker IS Beyonder. It wasn't a combination of Beyonder and a Cosmic Cube. It was originally Beyonder combined with Molecule Man, but Molecule Man was pulled out of its form intact, leaving only the Beyonder and the power that the Molecule Man had "stolen" from the Beyonder. Since Thanos made it very clear in his own series and in Annihilation that if the Maker physical form was destroyed the true Beyonder would return, and that indeed happened, that means its out there as the Beyonder again.

OK, I just was curious about that.

Madison Carter wrote:

3. Rachel is Marvel Girl/Phoenix, just different aliases. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, there's no difference - they're all the same characer.

But they're not. The entry even says so. It said that Phoenix Rachel came from Reality-811 while Marvel Girl Rachel comes from Reality-805110.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

2/06/2020 6:58 pm  #2

Re: OHotMU A-Z Vol. 7 Premiere Hardcover

Final historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 1, 2009, 09:04 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

But they're not. The entry even says so. It said that Phoenix Rachel came from Reality-811 while Marvel Girl Rachel comes from Reality-805110.

It says that Rachel was held prisoner by Gaunt in Reality-805110. It doesn't say nor imply that she's actually from that Reality.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 1, 2009, 03:04 pm

Still hasn't arrived at my comic shop. Apparently Diamond thought the comic shop wanted a Hulk hardcover, as opposed to an Official Handbook of the Marvel Univese hardcover :grind: .

Sidney Osinga

Apr 5, 2009, 12:14 am

skippcomet wrote:

... neither Menace nor Mister Negative were included in this volume. It's understandable why the Majesdanians' entry from the Secret Invasion: Young Avengers/Runaways TPB wasn't included since that was published only last month, but I wonder how long a wait new entries would have to go through before they start being incorporated into the hardcovers if their respective first letters haven't been covered yet, or if the policy has changed so that all new entries are being saved for the final volume regardless.

I have a couple of theories about that. First, when the Yearbook came out, Menace's ID hadn't been revealed. It has since then as one of the other characters in the Yearbook. Since combining the two entries would make the entry either too crowded or add another page, which brings me to my second point. In upcoming months, both characters are going to have storylines which will increase the amount of information about them. If they had been covered, then either the entries would contain spoilers to the stories or be outdated in a short while.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 8, 2009, 08:21 pm

I finally received my copy, so jumping into the breach again with my list of changes for the first time in over ¼ a year!

Marvel Legacy: 1960s

All: Art Credits, Place of Birth, Power Grid added (Power Numbers for ½ pagers)

Mogul of the Mystic Mountain: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Citizenship, Known
Relatives and Group Affiliation revised. Original History paragraph split in 2 and expanded, 2 new paragraphs added at end (Where are They Now? info added into the text). Last Abilities/Accessories sentence expanded. 10 new secondary illos (9 captioned).

Marvel Legacy: 1970s

All: Art Credits, Place of Birth, Power Grid added (Power Numbers for ½ pagers)

Magus: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics and Physical Stats revised. Old History text replaced with new, expanded text. Old Abilities/Accessories paragraph revised at the start, with two new paragraphs added at end. New main illo (old one now cropped, thus eliminating dialogue, and captioned). One secondary illo has dialogue replaced with captioned; the other replaced with new captioned illo.

Mahkizmo: Original History paragraphs slightly expanded and new final one added, all incorporating info from Where are They Now? Background/dialogue removed from main illo. Secondary illos cropped with old dialogue/story captions removed. Two now share a caption.

Martian Masters: Known Members and Base of Operations revised. Traits somewhat revised/expanded. History mostly but not completely revised/expanded. Top illo removed. Dialogue removed from lower illo. 4 new captioned secondary illos.

Matador: Vital Statistics revised/expanded. Note reworked into a new first History paragraph; other paragraphs somewhat revised, new final paragraph incorporating info from Where are They Now? Background removed from old main illo. Secondary illo replaced with new one.

Missing Link: Final History paragraph greatly expanded at end, incorporating info from Where are They Now? Hair revised. Old illos replaced with new main illo and 2 new secondary illos.

Mister Kline: First and last History paragraphs tweaked to provide an Earth number. Eyes, Hair, and Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded. Background, foreground, and dialogue removed from main illo. Two secondary illos cropped/dialogue removed, Emil illo removed.

Ms. Marvel: expanded from 1 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new, expanded text. Main illo and 2 of the 3 secondary illos removed. New main illo, 6 new secondary illos, 2 captioned.

Marvel Legacy: 1980s

No entries this volume

Marvel Legacy: 1990s

All: Place of Birth, Power Grid added (Power Numbers for ½ pagers)

Maxam: 1st History tweaked and Note added, both incorporating info from Where are They Now?

Lynn Michaels: Aliases expanded. First 2 History Paragraphs merged; 4 sentences added to final paragraph. One secondary illo replaced with new captioned one.

X-Men: Messiah Complex

Magik (Illyana Rasputin): expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Known Relatives, Education, and Eyes expanded. History somewhat revised and expanded, including splitting the 1st paragraph in 3 and the 3rd paragraph in 2. Abilities/Accessories somewhat expanded. New main illo (old one removed). The secondary illos that weren’t captioned before now are, 5 new captioned secondary illos.

Marauders: new final History paragraph. Art credit corrected.

Irene Merryweather: New half-sentence added to end of History.

Mighty Avengers: Most Wanted

Ms. Marvel: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/the former expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Strength/Durability increased on Power Grid. 3 new secondary illos.

Update 1

Man-Bull: final History sentence tweaked and new one added at end.

M’Kraan Crystal: New History paragraph added between 4th and 5th; final History sentence removed but new final paragraph added. Main illo cropped.

Update 2

Moondark: No significant changes

Iron Manual

Mandarin: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. One secondary illo removed. Hands close-ups expanded to show the full rings information from Marvel Universe#15. 10 new secondary illos (7 captioned).

Mandarin (Temujin): New sentence added to end of History

Eddie March: new captioned secondary illo of Mark 1 armour

Maria Stark Foundation: no significant changes

Mordecai Midas: Order of Abilities/Accessories paragraphs shifted; if you number the paragraphs according to the Iron Manual, the new order is: 3, 5, 4, 1, 2. New captioned secondary illo.

Spider-Man: Back in Black

Magma (Darque): No significant changes

Molten Man: Occupation, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation slightly revised. Various History paragraphs merged; final paragraph’s old text tweaked, then greatly expanded at end. 5 new captioned secondary illos (though three share the same caption).

Annihilation: Nova Corps

All: Background now History. Natural Abilities and Powers, Weapons, & Minions reworked as Abilities/Accessories. Most other categories removed and regular Handbook categories added

Moondragon: expanded from 1 to 3 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories material replaced with new expanded text. Old secondary illos removed, replaced with 3 new ones.

Morg: History and Abilities/Accessories material replaced with new text (expanded mainly in the History). Secondary illos removed.

Hulk 2004

All: Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Distinguishing Features and Marital Status removed

Maestro: Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly but not completely revised/expanded. Power Grid revised. 2 new secondary illos

Wolverine 2004

All Individuals: Marital Status, Distinguishing Features removed; Superhuman Powers, Special Skills, Costume, Personal Weaponry merged as Abilities/Accessories

Mauvais: Real Name, Citizenship revised. History and Abilities/Accessories mostly but not completely revised/expanded. Speed on Power Grid revised. New captioned secondary illo.

Maverick (Nord) (originally listed as Agent Zero/Maverick): Aliases, Occupation tweaked. Some History paragraphs merged/tweaked, then new final paragraph. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised. Durability and Energy Projection on Power Grid revised. New main illo (old one now secondary). Other illo removed, and three new ones added.

Mister X: Aliases, Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Strength increased on Power Grid. New secondary illo.

Women of Marvel 2005

All: Marital Status removed; Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories

Medusa: expanded from 1 to 2 pages: Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History mostly revised/expanded (small amount of old text still present). Abilities/Accessories greatly expanded (old text still present, but greatly added to). Fighting Skills increased. 2 new secondary illos

Meggan: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new, expanded text. Power Grid revised. Old illos removed; new main illo and 7 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Millie the Model: expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics revised/greatly expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories mostly revised/expanded (s0ome old text still present). Fighting Skills increased on Power Grid. 2 new secondary illos (1 captioned), followed by 42 headshots of supporting characters (22 co-workers and 20 relatives), complete with role in Millie’s life and First Appearances.

Moondragon: expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Aliases, Group Affiliation, First Appearance revised. History and Abilities/Accessories material replaced with new expanded text. Old illo removed; new main illo and 3 new secondary illos.

Moonstone: expanded from 1 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/accessories mostly revised/expanded (small amount of old text still present). Power Grid revised. Old illo removed. New captioned main illo and 14 new secondary illos (13 captioned, of which 3 share the same caption).

Continued...

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 8, 2009, 11:49 pm

More changes

Marvel Knights 2005

All individuals: Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphrenalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Marital Status removed

Man-Thing: Final History paragraph’s last sentence replaced with a considerable amount of new text. 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Marvel Knights: Purpose, Major Enemies, Known Extent of Operations removed. Base of Operations tweaked. Main illo captioned, secondary illo replaced with 2 new captioned ones.

Moon Knight: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. 2 History paragraphs merged while 1 split in 2; final paragraph replaced with new larger one. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised. Main illo removed, replaced with new one. 9 new secondary illos added (5 captioned), plus the classic Elliot R. Brown Crescent Darts and Truncheon entries from Marvel Universe#15 now included.

Horror 2005

All: Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia replaced with Abilities/Accessories

Mephisto: expanded from 2 to 6 pages. Aliases, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation, First Appearance revised. Old History text replaced with extensive new text. Abilities/Acccessories considerably revised/expanded (some old text still present). Old illos removed. New main illo plus 12 new secondary illos (3 captioned).

Marvel Zombies

Marvel Zombies: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. New sentence added to end of first Traits paragraph; last sentence of 3rd paragraph replaced with new one. First History paragraph abridged; last sentence of 3rd last paragraph replaced with 2 new ones; between 3rd and 2nd last paragraph, new large one added; 2nd last paragraph revised; final History sentence replaced with new one, followed by 4 new paragraphs. New sentence added to end of 2nd Note paragraph. Main illo now captioned; 2 new captioned secondary illos.

New Avengers Most Wanted

All: Vital Statistics, Power Grid added; Abilities Renamed Abilities/Accessories; User Notes removed. Art credits added

Mandrill: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History greatly revised/expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Old illo tilted, 4 new secondary illos (2 captioned).

Mentallo: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Old secondary illo removed, 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Mister Fear (Fagan): History and Abilities/Accessories mostly revised/expanded 9some old text still present). Secondary illo replaced with new one.

Mister Hyde: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History mostly revised/expanded, though some old text still present. Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. 4 new secondary illos.

Molecule Man: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Old illo removed, replaced with new main illo and 4 secondary illos (2 captioned)

X-Men 2004

All: Marital Status deleted; Powers & Abilities, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; First Appearances moved from back of book to entries

Marvel Girl: Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Power Grid revised. Old illo removed, replaced with new main illo and 6 captioned secondary illos

Alternate Universes 2005

Mangaverse: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. final History sentence split from the old paragraph to form the start of an extensive new final paragraph. Old illo’s characters now numbered with number key below the illo. 10 new captioned secondary illos.

MC2: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Significant Inhabitants expanded. 1st History sentence revised, 2nd last paragraph revised/abridged, new sentence added to final paragraph. Old illo captioned; new captioned secondary illo plus 48 new headshots with First Appearances.

Spider-Man 2004

All: Marital Status removed; Powers & Abilities merged with Paraphernalia; First Appearances moved from back of book to main text

Morlun: 1st History paragraph tweaked; 2nd paragraph replaced with new one; new final paragraph added.

Book of the Dead 2004

All: Marital Status removed; Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories

Maggott: Known Relatives revised. History greatly revised/expanded. Strength on Power Grid revised. New captioned headshot.

Magik: expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Power Grid revised. Old illo removed. New main illo and 12 new captioned secondary illos.

Microchip: 2nd last History paragraph tweaked; final paragraph converted to a Note (Punisher’s MAX series no longer considered 616 canon) and tweaked. Main illo less cropped.

Mockingbird; expanded from 1 to 3 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories text replaced with new expanded material. Note added. Fighting Skills on Power Grid increased. Old illo now a secondary illo, sharing a caption with a new illo; new main illo, 2 additional secondary illos.

Fantastic Four 2005

All: Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Distinguishing Features and Marital Status removed

Mister Fantastic: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History paragraphs somewhat revised/expanded, though most original text still present; some paragraphs merged; final paragraph replaced with 6 new ones. Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Old illos removed; new main illo and 8 new secondary illos (4 captioned).

Mole Man: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics a little revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. 4 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Alyssa Moy-Castle (originally listed as Alyssa Moy): expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History greatly revised/expanded (no longer just one paragraph). Abilities/Accessories almost completely revised/expanded (lots of new text for both History and Abilities/Accessories). New main illo (old one now secondary); 2 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Avengers 2005

All: Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia replaced with Abilities/Accessories

Mantis: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics revised. 2nd History paragraph tweaked; new ½ sentence added at end of History, followed by 5 new paragraphs. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded. Power Grid revised. Old main illo noew secondary, old secondary illo removed; new main illo and 8 new captioned secondary illos.

Morgan Le Fay: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Citizenship and Group Affiliation revised. History greatly expanded, though a lot of old text still present; new final paragraph. New paragraph added to beginning of Note, and old Note paragraph rewritten/expanded. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded. Speed on Power Grid revised. Old illo now secondary. “New” main illo (the classic Marvel Universe illo), 4 new secondary illos (3 captioned).

Update 3

Masked Marauder: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. First 3 History paragraphs greatly revised/expanded. 5 new captioned secondary illos.

Master Man: Final 2 History paragraphs merged. Illo captioned Max Lohmer replaced with new one; 2 secondary illos cropped.

Morgan: 1st 2 History paragraphs merged. Note added.

Update 4

Man-Ape: One secondary illo now cropped to make for a better headshot

Mindless Ones: New sentence added to final History paragraph.

Continued…

Madison Carter

Apr 9, 2009, 01:07 am

Madison Carter wrote:

Mindless Ones: New sentence added to final History paragraph.

Continued…

More than just that - their origin is fleshed out at the beginning.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 10, 2009, 08:17 pm

More changes

A-Z 6

Magdalene: Practor’s Earth is 1st History paragraph corrected. Speed on Power Grid revised.

Moses Magnum. 3 sentences added to end of History.

Magus: 3rd and 4th History paragraphs merged. Height, Weight, Eyes revised. New captioned secondary illo.

Major Mapleleaf: Known Relatives revised. Final History paragraph ex[panded, with final sentence replaced with new one. Old secondary illo captioned, new one added.

Malice: 1st 2 and last 2 History paragraphs merged. 2 new secondary illos added

Man-Beast: “(Peter Parker)” added after Spider-Man in parentheses once, so possibly other comparable changes

A-Z 7

Man-Killer: new captioned secondary illo

Victor Mancha: Identity and Known Relatives revised. History and Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded (though some less key History bits removed). Strength and Durability on Power Grid revised.

Mandarin: expanded from 2 to 4 pages (changes mostly due to Iron Manual). Aliases & Occupation revised. Until last paragraphy, History somewhat revised and expanded, with new text weaving in and out of old text; new paragraph added before second last paragraph; final History paragraph revised and expanded, then 2 new paragraphs added at end. Hair revised. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Speed on Power Grid revised. Main illo now secondary; one secondary illo removed, the other converted to the
Eliot R. Brown rings stats from Marvel Universe#15. New main illo, 10 new secondary illos (7 captioned).

Mandarin (Temujin): changes mostly due to Iron Manual; Aliases revised. End of 2nd History paragraph abridged; final sentence in last paragraph replaced with new expanded text. Hair revised.

Marduk: No significant changes

Margali of the Winding Ways: Known Relatives and Group Affiliation expanded. 1st Hostpry paraqgraph a little expanded, last 2 merged.

Man-Mountain Marko: Occupation revised. 4 sentences added to end of History. Abilities/Accessories more quantified.

Marrow: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Group Affiliation and Education revised. Old History replaced with new expanded text. Abilities/Accessories mostly revised, particularly but not limited to changing the tense. 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr): expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics revised. History mostly (but not completely) revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Old main illo now secondary/cropped, old secondary illo removed; new main illo and new captioned secondary illo. Note added

Masque: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities mostly (but not completely) revised/expanded. Old man illo now secondary. New main illo and new captioned secondary illo.

Master of the World: Group Affiliation tweaked. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Power Grid revised. Main illo now secondary and one of the secondary illos now main illo.

Master Khan: No significant changes

Mastermind (Computer): First 2 History paragraphs merged. Abilities/Accessories expanded. Main illo now captioned, new captioned secondary illo.

Mastermind (Martinique Wyngarde): expanded from ½ to 1 page. Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text.

Alicia Masters: New small final History paragraph.

Maverick (Bradley): Aliases slightly expanded

Mephista: main illo reversed. Speed on Power Grid revised.

Mercy: no significant changes

Merlin Demonspawn: no significant changes

Merlyn: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. History greatly revised, with new text weaving in and out of old text. New Note paragraphs (1 each) added before and after the old one, which is tweaked. 4 new secondary illos (1 captioned)

Metal Master: Place of Birth clarified. Skin stat removed. Secondary illo replaced with two new ones (1 captioned).

Micromax: 1st 2 History paragraphs merged; final History sentence replaced with a lot of new text. Final Abilities/Accessories sentence replaced with new one. Fighting skills increased on power Grid. 2 new secondary illos.

Microverse: some History paragraphs merged. 3rd last paragraph expanded

Midnight: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics revised. History greatly revised/expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Eyes revised. Abilities/Accessories slightly revised. Old main illo now captioned secondary, one secondary illo removed. New main illo and 4 new secondary illos (2 captioned).

Midnight Sun: First Appearance revised. 1 new captioned secondary illo.

Layla Miller: Group affiliation revised. History greatly revised/expanded, thoughy a lot of old text still present. 2 sentences added to end of Abilities/Accessories. 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Mimic: Final History sentence revised. New captioned secondary illo.

Mister Sensitive: Final History sentence tweaked. Main illo less cropped. Old se ondary illo replaced with 2 new captioned ones.

Mister Sinister; Aliases and Known Relatives revised. History almost completely revised (some original text still present). Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text. 3 of the 4 secondary illos now captioned, 2 new captioned secondary illos.

Mistress Love: Speed revised on power Grid, which has note added on bottom.

MODOK: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Aliases, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. New sentence added to end of old final History paragraph, then 4 new paragraphs added. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Power Grid revised. Old Tarleton headshot replaced with new one; another secondary illo captioned. 6 additional captioned secondary illos added, including of variants (but not MODAM).

Mojo: 3rd and 4th History paragraphs merged; new sentence added to end of 2nd last and last paragraphs; possibly a few other bits added. End of first Abilities/Accessories paragraph slightly expanded.

Mondo: Main illo reversed, caption removed from secondary illo.

Morg: 2nd History paragraph split in 2, with a half sentence added to the end of the new 2nd paragraph.

Morlocks: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Sub-groups of Morlocks now converted into sub-headings of Known Members instead of given separate rows; Extremists sub-group added to Known Members and First Appearance. History greatly revised/expanded, though a lot of old text still present. Headshots expanded from 48 to 92, including new sub-sections for London and Chicago communities, but power descriptions removed; Headshots changed for Caliban and Skids.

Motormouth: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Place of Birth and Known Relatives revised. History and Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded (some original text still present). 3 new captioned secondary illos

Age of Apocalypse 2005

All: Only those characters that migrated to the hardcovers (likely only the Age itself plus Exiles-related entries) included. For those, Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Distinguishing Features and Marital Status removed, First Appearance added.

Magik (Rasputin-4210): Real name, Citizenship, Known Relatives revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text. Power Grid revised. Illo reversed.

Magnus: Aliases, Education revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text. Intelligence and Durability on Power Grid revised. Neew captioned secondary illo.

Mimic (Earth-12): Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text. Power Grid revised. Secondary illos removed, replaced with 6 captioned new ones.

Morph (Earth-1081): Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories replaced with new expanded text. Eyes revised. Intelligence and Strength on Power Grid revised. Secondary illos removed, replaced with 4 new ones (3 captioned).

Continued…

Sidney Osinga

Apr 10, 2009, 10:50 pm

For Man-Killer, the main picture has been altered to show her eyes.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 11, 2009, 12:01 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Grr. This is the second time I missed that (first time was Elysius). I'll need to keep an eye out for that.

Er, you know what I mean.

ToddCam

Apr 11, 2009, 01:12 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

More changes

Age of Apocalypse 2005

All: Only those characters that migrated to the hardcovers (likely only the Age itself plus Exiles-related entries) included.

Dark Beast also made it to the HCs. I expect we will see Sugar Man make it over too.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 11, 2009, 07:32 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Also, her arms have been repositioned so the don't stick out into the text.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 12, 2009, 12:45 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Also, her arms have been repositioned so the don't stick out into the text.

Actually her left arm does still stick out into the text (whereas it was her right arm before), but you're right that she seems to have moved her arms. Maybe the photographer was a male and she wasn't going to stand still for any guy.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 12, 2009, 12:48 am

ToddCam wrote:

Dark Beast also made it to the HCs. I expect we will see Sugar Man make it over too.

Right. I should have remembered Dark Beast because I did cover him earlier. The Exiles just stand out more because they are grouped together.

Madison Carter

Apr 17, 2009, 10:31 pm

bigvis497 wrote:

Mikaboshi is a new entry, and for some reason is on the cover as opposed to Mr. Fantastic, was a little puzzled on that one.

But Mr. Fantastic *IS* on the cover! That stuff Marvel Zombie Spider-Man is hanging from? That's not webbing; it's sinew.

:excited:

Rayeye

Apr 26, 2009, 09:12 am

I just noticed that in Mastermind (Martinique)'s profile her Brotherhood of Mutants membership isn't listed in her Group Affiliation, nor is it mentioned in her profile.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera