Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2020 6:54 pm  #121

Re: Multiversal Kevin Bacon

Loki wrote:

From Stanford Pines

to
Rick Sanchez
without using coffee mugs, pens or notepad Easter eggs!

1) Stanford Pines and Dipper Pines appeared in the Gravity Falls episode “A Tale of Two Stans”.
2) Dipper Pines and Phineas Flynn appeared in Disney Super Speedway.
3) Phineas Flynn and Spider-Man appeared in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel.
4) Spider-Man and Superman appeared in Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man.
5) Superman and Milhouse Van Houten appeared in The Lego Movie.
6) Milhouse Van Houten and Rick Sanchez appeared in the Simpsons episode “Mathlete’s Feat”.

EDIT:
1) Stanford Pines and Dipper Pines appeared in the Gravity Falls episode “A Tale of Two Stans”.
2) Dipper Pines and Phineas Flynn appeared in Disney Super Speedway.
3) Phineas Flynn and Han Solo appeared in Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars.
4) Han Solo and Milhouse Van Houten appeared in The Lego Movie.
5) Milhouse Van Houten and Rick Sanchez appeared in the Simpsons episode “Mathlete’s Feat”.

Last edited by zuckyd1 (2/01/2020 7:07 pm)

2/02/2020 3:40 am  #122

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

From Stanford Pines

to
Rick Sanchez
without using coffee mugs, pens or notepad Easter eggs!

1) Stanford Pines and Dipper Pines appeared in the Gravity Falls episode “A Tale of Two Stans”.
2) Dipper Pines and Phineas Flynn appeared in Disney Super Speedway.
3) Phineas Flynn and Spider-Man appeared in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel.
4) Spider-Man and Superman appeared in Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man.
5) Superman and Milhouse Van Houten appeared in The Lego Movie.
6) Milhouse Van Houten and Rick Sanchez appeared in the Simpsons episode “Mathlete’s Feat”.

EDIT:
1) Stanford Pines and Dipper Pines appeared in the Gravity Falls episode “A Tale of Two Stans”.
2) Dipper Pines and Phineas Flynn appeared in Disney Super Speedway.
3) Phineas Flynn and Han Solo appeared in Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars.
4) Han Solo and Milhouse Van Houten appeared in The Lego Movie.
5) Milhouse Van Houten and Rick Sanchez appeared in the Simpsons episode “Mathlete’s Feat”.

Yep, those work. I took a slightly longer route because I didn't want to go via Lego Movie (a totally personal and probably irrational bias), so I went:
1) Stanford to Dipper and Mabel
2) Dipper and Mabel to Perry the Platypus via Disney XD Villains Unite!
3) Perry to Spider-Man in Mission Marvel
4) Spidey to Transformers
5) Transformers to X-Files
6) X-Files to Simpsons
7) Simpsons to Rick and Morty
However, your routes are shorter and all valid, so kudos!

2/04/2020 11:49 am  #123

Last bump. If no one goes for this in the next 24 hours, I'll reveal my route.

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From
Kreuzritter

to
Wee Jimmy Krankie

2/04/2020 11:50 am  #124

Likewise, last bump; 24 hours notice.

Loki wrote:

And bump.

Loki wrote:

From 
The Teletubbies

to
The Goodies

2/04/2020 12:33 pm  #125

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From
Kreuzritter

to
Wee Jimmy Krankie

1) Kreuzritter and Dr. Destroyer appeared in Reality Storm: When Worlds Collide.
2) Dr. Destroyer and Flare appeared in Marksman Annual #1.
3) Flare and Liberty Girl appeared in Flare (2004) #25.
4) Liberty Girl and the Maxx appeared in War of the Independents #1.
5) The Maxx and Batman appeared in Batman/The Maxx: Arkham Dreams.
6) Batman and Scooby-Doo appeared in the New Scooby-Doo Movies episode “The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair”.
7) Scooby-Doo (live via satellite!) and Bob the Builder appeared in the music video for “The Official BBC Children in Need Medley” by Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band.
8) Bob the Builder and Wee Jimmy Krankie appeared in the music video for “(I’m Gonna Be) 500 Miles” by the Proclaimers Featuring Brain Potter & Andy Pipkin.

2/04/2020 1:18 pm  #126

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

1) Kreuzritter and Dr. Destroyer appeared in Reality Storm: When Worlds Collide.
2) Dr. Destroyer and Flare appeared in Marksman Annual #1.
3) Flare and Liberty Girl appeared in Flare (2004) #25.
4) Liberty Girl and the Maxx appeared in War of the Independents #1.
5) The Maxx and Batman appeared in Batman/The Maxx: Arkham Dreams.
6) Batman and Scooby-Doo appeared in the New Scooby-Doo Movies episode “The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair”.
7) Scooby-Doo (live via satellite!) and Bob the Builder appeared in the music video for “The Official BBC Children in Need Medley” by Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band.
8) Bob the Builder and Wee Jimmy Krankie appeared in the music video for “(I’m Gonna Be) 500 Miles” by the Proclaimers Featuring Brain Potter & Andy Pipkin.

Good work! Afaik, Kreizritter's only link out of the Mutants and Masterminds game is via his alliance with Doctor Destroyer in Reality Storm, and if tabletop rpg is not your thing, it's not the easiest find. And those two charity music videos for Children in Need are excellent resources for linking a heck of a lot of disparate characters. The first one provides a route from many British animated children's shows to US cartoons via Shaggy, Scooby and Ben 10, while the latter has a number of individuals in character (listed as such in the credits, so for our purpose it's the characters, not the actors) appearing alongside real British celebrities - Phoenix Nights' Brian Potter, Little Britain's Lou and Andy, Basil Brush, Bob the Builder, Spit the Dog, the Krankies and Rupert Bear.

My route went slightly differently, though with the same starting and end points, and the same number of steps.
1) Kreuzritter to Dr. Destroyer via Reality Storm
2) Dr. Destroyer to Flare
3) Flare to Eternity Smith in Flare#5
[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612z2hsCv9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]
4) Eternity Smith to Walter Koenig in Eternity Smith#9 (an authorized appearance! Remember that I mentioned that as well as Liberty Girl there was another route out of Hero Comics into the wider Omniverse?)

5) Koenig to Bender via Futurama "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" - since he voiced himself, this is also an authorized appearance.

6) Bender to Stephen Hawking in Futurama "Anthology of Interest" (again, since Hawking approved this appearance, it's authorized)
7) Hawking to Little Britain's Lou via Comic Relief Little Britain

8) And then Lou to Wee Jimmy Krankie via Comic Relief 500 Miles.

2/04/2020 3:15 pm  #127

Loki wrote:

Afaik, Kreizritter's only link out of the Mutants and Masterminds game 

Don't you mean Silver Age Sentinels?

2/04/2020 3:19 pm  #128

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

And bump.

Loki wrote:

From 
The Teletubbies

to
The Goodies

I was unable to find a valid path on the latter end. The Goodies crossed over with Jasper the Grasper and I suspect he crossed over with other Cor!! strips, but I couldn’t find any further details.

This is what I came up with:

1) The Teletubbies and Scooby-Doo appeared in the music video for “The Official BBC Children in Need Medley” by Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band.
2) Scooby-Doo and Hal Jordan appeared in Scooby-Doo Team-Up #25.
3) Hal Jordan and James T. Kirk appeared in Star Trek/Green Lantern.
4) James T. Kirk, the Doctor, and his TARDIS appeared in Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation² #3.
5) A TARDIS appeared in the Goodies episode “Invasion Of The Moon Creatures”.

EDIT: Actually, since both The Goodies and Doctor Who are BBC shows, I guess it could count as an authorized appearance (albeit of an object, not a character).

Last edited by zuckyd1 (2/04/2020 3:26 pm)

2/04/2020 3:24 pm  #129

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Afaik, Kreizritter's only link out of the Mutants and Masterminds game 

Don't you mean Silver Age Sentinels?

Yes, sorry. I was a Champions player - I always get those two later games mixed up in my head.

2/04/2020 4:11 pm  #130

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

And bump.

I was unable to find a valid path on the latter end. The Goodies crossed over with Jasper the Grasper and I suspect he crossed over with other Cor!! strips, but I couldn’t find any further details.

That's a darned good find! And thanks to you alerting me to it, I managed to track it down online too!

As for Jasper encountering other characters from Cor!, you may well be right - it wasn't an uncommon thing in British comics for humour characters to just turn up in one another's strips, as I've mentioned before. However, I don't know of any specific crossovers.

zuckyd1 wrote:

This is what I came up with:

1) The Teletubbies and Scooby-Doo appeared in the music video for “The Official BBC Children in Need Medley” by Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band.
2) Scooby-Doo and Hal Jordan appeared in Scooby-Doo Team-Up #25.
3) Hal Jordan and James T. Kirk appeared in Star Trek/Green Lantern.
4) James T. Kirk, the Doctor, and his TARDIS appeared in Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation² #3.
5) A TARDIS appeared in the Goodies episode “Invasion Of The Moon Creatures”.

EDIT: Actually, since both The Goodies and Doctor Who are BBC shows, I guess it could count as an authorized appearance (albeit of an object, not a character).

I was going to say the same thing - The Goodies was a BBC show (at least until its final season), so it'd count as an authorized appearance. And while objects might be less reliable links in general (I'm no fan of connecting universes using Morley cigarettes for example), the Doctor's TARDIS is a very distinctive, possibly unique, object - not to mention that the lines between object and character are somewhat blurred for the TARDIS, as first evidenced by the Doctor Who story "Edge of Destruction" and much more explicitly in the later story "The Doctor's Wife."

Checking the episode in question, it's arguably not quite the actual TARDIS (even if both BBC shows, maybe The Goodies erred on the side of caution):
but I think it's close enough to allow it. Excellent find. 

My route had some similar linkage, and the same first step:
1) Teletubbies to Scooby and Shaggy via Children in Need Medley
2) Scooby and Shaggy to Batman 
3) Batman to the Doctor via The Comic Relief Comic
4) The Doctor to real world astronomer Patrick Moore via the TV episode "The Eleventh Hour"

Appearing as himself means this is an authorized appearance/crossover.
5) And then Moore to the Goodies, where he makes no less than six appearances as a fictionalized version of himself - starting, ironically, with the very episode you cited, Invasion of the Moon Creatures!
https://www.goodiesruleok.com/articles.php?id=107&page=23

Arguably Moore also met the Doctor(s) during another Children in Need segment - but presenter Terry Wogan spoils it by calling the Doctors by their actors' names, even though they turned up in a materializing TARDIS and were (mostly) in costume.

2/04/2020 4:36 pm  #131

Loki wrote:

And while objects might be less reliable links in general (I'm no fan of connecting universes using Morley cigarettes for example) 

Speaking of commonly used props, here's a fun one that can be linked in just one step... sorta 

from

AL BUNDY

to

JAY PRITCHETT

2/04/2020 4:44 pm  #132

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

And while objects might be less reliable links in general (I'm no fan of connecting universes using Morley cigarettes for example) 

Speaking of commonly used props, here's a fun one that can be linked in just one step... sorta 

from

AL BUNDY

to

JAY PRITCHETT

The couch?

2/04/2020 4:59 pm  #133

Loki wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

from

AL BUNDY

to

JAY PRITCHETT

The couch?

Nope. Something much more trivial than that.

2/04/2020 5:19 pm  #134

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

from

AL BUNDY

to

JAY PRITCHETT

The couch?

Ah. His newspaper.

2/04/2020 5:25 pm  #135

Loki wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

The couch?

Ah. His newspaper.

You got it!

https://reelrundown.com/film-industry/Same-newspaper-prop-in-different-movies

2/05/2020 2:02 pm  #136

Loki wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

As for Jasper encountering other characters from Cor!, you may well be right - it wasn't an uncommon thing in British comics for humour characters to just turn up in one another's strips, as I've mentioned before. However, I don't know of any specific crossovers.

And now that I am not actively trying to find such a link, one turns up! Jasper did indeed cross over with more than just the Goodies. In the Cor! Annual 1974, Jasper is visited by the time traveller Doctor What (yes, a pastiche of Dr Who, and another of Cor!'s regular strips), who brings him forward in time to a Christmas party attended by several of the stars of the comic:

You can see the Goodies also attending, top right of the last panel. Everyone else present is from one of Cor!'s regular strips (and I may try and provide a breakdown of who's who later), but the important one for linkage purposes is Gus Gorilla, bottom row near the left corner. Gus was the supposed editor of the comic, and made a reappearance in last years Cor!! Buster Humour Special, alongside other characters who were editors of their own comics:

Bad Penny, sitting next to Gus, can take you to Albion, where her adult incarnation appears alongside Robot Archie (the Cyberman is an unauthorized cameo, so not ideal for linkage purposes),

and from him you can get to 2000 A.D. characters (he appeared alongside Tharg in an early issue, as a regular in Zenith, and, good for linkage purposes, is lurking in the background at a party attended by dozens of 2000 A.D. characters in the story "A Night to Remember" - see top left):

This links to Dredd, who in turn connects to Batman, and from him to Scooby Doo, and then to the Teletubbies.

So that's
1) Goodies to Gus Gorilla
2) Gus to Bad Penny
3) Penny to Robot Archie
4) Archie to Dredd
5) Dredd to Batman
6) Batman to Scooby
7) Scooby to Teletubbies

A slightly longer route, but interesting for its tour through British comics. 

Last edited by Loki (2/06/2020 4:00 pm)

2/07/2020 3:27 pm  #137

Bump.

Loki wrote:

After some difficult challenges, here's the first of a couple that I hope will be a little easier, but fun nevertheless.
From Buffy Summers
[img]https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/50/1449943322-gettyimages-51103216-buffy.jpg?resize=480:*[/img]
to Sam and Dean Winchester
[img]https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/33/1534516262-sn1308a-0414b.jpg?crop=0.6665xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*[/img]

2/07/2020 3:28 pm  #138

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From Judge Dredd
to 
Cupid (this specific version)

2/07/2020 3:28 pm  #139

Bump.

Loki wrote:

And from Elliott

to 
Elliott

2/08/2020 7:30 am  #140

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

After some difficult challenges, here's the first of a couple that I hope will be a little easier, but fun nevertheless.
From Buffy Summers
[img]https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/50/1449943322-gettyimages-51103216-buffy.jpg?resize=480:*[/img]
[img]https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/33/1534516262-sn1308a-0414b.jpg?crop=0.6665xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*[/img]

1) Buffy Summers and Illyria appeared in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #16.
2) Illyria and Lee appeared in Fallen Angel Reborn.
3) Lee and Shi appeared in Fallen Angel (2005) #17.
4) Shi and Daredevil appeared in Shi/Daredevil: Honor Thy Mother #1.
5) Daredevil and Gene Simmons appeared in Marvel Comics Super Special #1.
6) Gene Simmons and Scooby-Doo appeared in Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery.
7) Scooby-Doo and the Winchester brothers appeared in the Supernatural episode “ScoobyNatural”.

2/08/2020 7:39 am  #141

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From Buffy Summers

1) Buffy Summers and Illyria appeared in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #16.
2) Illyria and Lee appeared in Fallen Angel Reborn.
3) Lee and Shi appeared in Fallen Angel (2005) #17.
4) Shi and Daredevil appeared in Shi/Daredevil: Honor Thy Mother #1.
5) Daredevil and Gene Simmons appeared in Marvel Comics Super Special #1.
6) Gene Simmons and Scooby-Doo appeared in Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery.
7) Scooby-Doo and the Winchester brothers appeared in the Supernatural episode “ScoobyNatural”.

Works for me!

2/08/2020 8:47 am  #142

Okay - this one is intended to be a b*st*rd, both in terms of identifying the characters, and then finding a route from them to the wider Omniverse (though they do exist).
From 
Ma

to
Malahora

2/08/2020 10:45 am  #143

And one that should be at least a little easier:
Morticia Addams

to
Servalan

2/11/2020 4:52 am  #144

Final bump. If no one takes this in the next day, I'll provide a route.

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From Judge Dredd
to 

2/11/2020 4:53 am  #145

Final bump - as above, 24 hours to go.

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

And from Elliott

to 
Elliott

2/11/2020 9:34 am  #146

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From Judge Dredd
to 

1) Judge Dredd and Captain Britain compared chins in the Comic Relief Comic.
2) Captain Britain and Ash Williams appeared in Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness #4.
3) Ash Williams and Xena appeared in Army of Darkness vs. Xena: Why Not?
4) Xena and Cupid appeared in the Xena: Warrior Princess episode “For Him the Bell Tolls”.

2/11/2020 9:42 am  #147

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

1) Judge Dredd and Captain Britain compared chins in the Comic Relief Comic.
2) Captain Britain and Ash Williams appeared in Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness #4.
3) Ash Williams and Xena appeared in Army of Darkness vs. Xena: Why Not?
4) Xena and Cupid appeared in the Xena: Warrior Princess episode “For Him the Bell Tolls”.

Urban to Urban in 4 easy steps. The only way you could better it is if you'd somehow managed to go through Aragorn or Bones McCoy en route.

2/11/2020 11:44 am  #148

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

And from Elliott

to 
Elliott

1) Elliott and Mickey Mouse appeared in Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse.
2) Mickey Mouse and Woody Woodpecker appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
3) Woody Woodpecker and E.T. appeared in Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure.
4) E.T. and Elliott appeared in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Elliott the dragon appeared on a DVD menu for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but I'm guessing that doesn't count.

2/11/2020 11:50 am  #149

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

1) Elliott and Mickey Mouse appeared in Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse.
2) Mickey Mouse and Woody Woodpecker appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
3) Woody Woodpecker and E.T. appeared in Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure.
4) E.T. and Elliott appeared in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Elliott the dragon appeared on a DVD menu for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but I'm guessing that doesn't count.

Yeah, I don't think we can allow the DVD menu. 

For E.T., I'd also have accepted his species appearance in Phantom Menace, given how few authorized crossovers E.T. has. 

2/12/2020 9:53 am  #150

Bump.

Loki wrote:

Okay - this one is intended to be a b*st*rd, both in terms of identifying the characters, and then finding a route from them to the wider Omniverse (though they do exist).
From 
Ma

to
Malahora

Board footera