Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2021 1:25 am  #1

Marvel Appendix 20th Anniversary

9/01/2021 2:29 am  #2

Re: Marvel Appendix 20th Anniversary

Not handbook, but handbook adjacent since so many of the handbook writers began here. It's the 20th Anniversary of the launch of the Marvel Appendix site, where many of the current handbook team cut their teeth learning to write profiles and where many of us still continue to spend our spare time chronicling all the myriad aspects of the Marvel Megaverse. And so we're celebrating that milestone with a month long event featuring literally hundreds of new profiles spread across September, covering virtually every aspect of Marvel.This month we'll be visiting the comics (natch), but also the cartoons and the MCU, we'll be heading out into space, and delving into the depths of the Earth, visiting prehistory, Hyperboria, the Wild West, the gangster pulps, World War II, and the distant future. We'll take a glance at not just the superhero genre, but also war comics, spies, humor titles and romance. We'll visit alternate realities including the Ultraverse, New Universe, House of M and many more. We'll look at projects lost to time, demons from other dimensions, Gods, Deviants and Eternals.Today we start our journey by going back to the dawn of Marvel Comics to look at some of the company's earliest creations. You could say it's Timely...

9/01/2021 10:25 am  #3

Happy birthday and thank you for the job you've done

9/21/2021 8:00 am  #4

Truly loving this! Keep up the great work! 

9/21/2021 10:47 am  #5

Lonewolf36 wrote:

Truly loving this! Keep up the great work! 

Thanks! Three weeks in, and nine more days to go! And among the more than 500 profiles posted in the last three weeks we've covered a huge variety of all things Marvel. 

9/21/2021 10:51 am  #6

9/21/2021 10:55 am  #7

9/21/2021 3:58 pm  #8

I am happy to be (a little) part of it (in Marvunapp I use my real name) because I really think Marvunapp is MAGNIFICENT

10/01/2021 7:03 am  #9

Wow what a ride! A lot of characters i wanted to see covered for some time now! Amazing job by the Appendix crew! Makes me wonder what the 40th Anniversary will bring?

Board footera