Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2020 5:32 pm  #1

Let's do this...The Imaginary OHOTMU Avengers 2014 thread!

Historical text from CxPulp:

skippcomet
04-26-2014, 05:58 AM

Continuing to acknowledge the tenth anniversary of the launch of the modern Marvel Handbooks, it's time for the Imaginary OHOTMU Avengers thread!

(Notes of interest: Not only was the OHOTMU Avengers 2004 the third handbook, but it's a perfect touchstone to examine how much the Marvel Handbooks evolved over time. I believe the OHOTMU crew have admitted that they had no idea how long Marvel would let them do the handbooks, so in order to get as many Avengers members covered as possible they had to limit most characters to one or two pages each, and they still didn't get everybody.)

Okay, let's cover the Updated Entries first: Updates on Avengers, Avengers (Osborn's team/Dark Avengers), Secret Avengers, and Young Avengers. Specific characters I'd nominate for Updates would be Giant-Man (Pym, now that he's not calling himself Wasp), Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr), Valkyrie (Brunnhilde), Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), Wasp (Van Dyne), Vision (Victor Shade), and Havok (Alex Summers). I don't know if Sunfire, Cannonball,l and Sunspot have done enough to warrant updates since the Hardcover series, and I'm saving the likes of Rogue, Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man for a future Imaginary Handbook.

New Entries: Mighty Avengers (Cage's team), Avengers Unity Squad, and Avengers A.I. Also, in no particular order that I'm listing them except how I'm finding them on Wikipedia: Manifold, Captain Universe (Devoux), Smasher (Dare), Hyperion (Avengers), Ex Nihilo, Abyss (Avengers), Night Mask (Adam), Star Brand (Connor), White Tiger (Ava Ayala), Finesse, Hazmat, Striker, Veil (Berry), Doombots, Monica Chang, Demitrios, Miss America (Chavez), Armory, Nick Fury Jr., Phil Coulson, Ernst Sablinova, Bluestreak (MC2), Freebooter, Crimson Curse, Anti-Vision, Taurus (van Lunt), June Covington, Marilla (Inhuman nanny of Luna Maximoff), Noah Webster (Vision & Wanda's neighbor, former interest of Crystal), Nikki (Earth-691), Thunderball (Elliot Franklin), Whizzer (Earth-712), Apocalypse Twins, Avengers Vs. X-Men, Age of Ultron, The Morgan Conquest...Geez, the possibilities are seeminly endless! (Yes, I'm saving Mettle for a future Imaginary Handbook. Careful observers might be able to guess which one.)

Okay, fellow fans and Actual Handbook staff -- who would YOU want to see in a new Avengers Handbook?

Eduardo M.
04-26-2014, 09:23 AM

nice list. You got many of the people I would've put down.

My additions:
the Builders
Doombot (Avengers AI member)
Andrew Forson
Infinity (event)
Masters of Evil (UPDATE)
Shadow Council

Angelicknight
04-26-2014, 10:24 PM

Ai Apaec
Bagalia (island nation)
Black Ant (Eric O'Grady LMD)
Black Order (Infinity)
Black Swan (New Avengers)
Brooklyn Avengers
Coldmoon & Dragonfire
Goliath (Tom Foster)
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Omega Flight (Validator's team)
"People's Defense Force" (Hungary)
People's Defense Force (China)
S-Men
Aloysius Thorndrake (Shadow Council)
Vibranium (Baru)
Zamira
Zodiac (Thanos' team)

Andy E. Nystrom
04-29-2014, 10:51 PM

1950s Avengers (team erased by Immortus)
1950s Avengers (Nick Fury's team)
Flighty Revengers (Earth-Ecch)
Any Squadron Supreme member not previously covered in the 2000s
The Vault
Any individual Zodiac member not previously covered in the 2000s

skippcomet
05-01-2014, 12:21 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

1950s Avengers (team erased by Immortus)
1950s Avengers (Nick Fury's team)
Flighty Revengers (Earth-Ecch)
Any Squadron Supreme member not previously covered in the 2000s
The Vault
Any individual Zodiac member not previously covered in the 2000s

Ooo, I like your mention of the Vault. As for your "Squadron Supreme and Zodiac members who weren't covered in the 2000's" suggestions, while I agree, remember that that list would, as of now, include the overwhelming majority of both groups' rosters. Only Libra of the Zodiac has been covered, and thus far only Hyperion, Power Princess, Skymax, and both Nighthawks (Kyle Richmond and his adopted son) have been covered, plus Mysterium and the Hyperion construct also getting entries. Whizzer, Dr. Spectrum, Arcanna, and the rest of the membership, dead OR alive, have yet to be covered.

Andy E. Nystrom
05-03-2014, 04:05 AM

skippcomet wrote:

Ooo, I like your mention of the Vault. As for your "Squadron Supreme and Zodiac members who weren't covered in the 2000's" suggestions, while I agree, remember that that list would, as of now, include the overwhelming majority of both groups' rosters. Only Libra of the Zodiac has been covered, and thus far only Hyperion, Power Princess, Skymax, and both Nighthawks (Kyle Richmond and his adopted son) have been covered, plus Mysterium and the Hyperion construct also getting entries. Whizzer, Dr. Spectrum, Arcanna, and the rest of the membership, dead OR alive, have yet to be covered.

Yeah, I didn't mean them all in one book, just that there should be at least one of each in such a hypothetical book.

skippcomet
05-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Yeah, I didn't mean them all in one book, just that there should be at least one of each in such a hypothetical book.

Oh, I agree. Theoretically, the Squadron and all it's characters could fill out an entire Handbook by themselves. Well, maybe not Mink, Remnant or Pinball....

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera