Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2020 4:29 am  #31

Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as a sighting outside a handbook, but THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE CONAN UNIVERSE ANNIVERSARY EDITION #1 reprints The Handbook of the Conan Universe #1 along with art and the revised Hyborian Age map from the 1993 reprint edition.

Just out of curiosity, now that Marvel currently has the license to do comics based on Conan again, and wasted no time integrating him into the current Marvel Universe, is it theoretically possible to do a brand-new, 21st-century, OHOTMU entry on Conan or any his related characters (Kulan Gath, Thulsa Doom, his son Conn from the 80's), or does his status as a licensed character prevent this?

(Note:  I'm not actually asking for or demanding this, just wondering if it's a possibility.)

10/12/2020 5:03 am  #32

Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

skippcomet wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as a sighting outside a handbook, but THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE CONAN UNIVERSE ANNIVERSARY EDITION #1 reprints The Handbook of the Conan Universe #1 along with art and the revised Hyborian Age map from the 1993 reprint edition.

Just out of curiosity, now that Marvel currently has the license to do comics based on Conan again, and wasted no time integrating him into the current Marvel Universe, is it theoretically possible to do a brand-new, 21st-century, OHOTMU entry on Conan or any his related characters (Kulan Gath, Thulsa Doom, his son Conn from the 80's), or does his status as a licensed character prevent this?

(Note:  I'm not actually asking for or demanding this, just wondering if it's a possibility.)

Not 100% sure, but I would presume that since Marvel is able to reprint the older Conan stories, they would also have the permission to publish handbook entries for the characters, except where the license has been separated from the Conan one (e.g. Red Sonja, maybe some others tied to her).

Board footera